Thursday, October 30, 2008

I apologize Albert. I wish I could take back my words.

On the 2nd September, I posted an entry. An entry which I regret most profusely posting, and I apologize. Now I question again my allegiance to Liverpool Football Club - and why I am of little faith. The following excerpt was what I had posted almost a couple of months back:

(Since I am a template noob, I am unable to do a coolio screenshot or add in any coolio effects. But I appreciate me. )

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Javier Mascherano is a double gold medallist

And Argentinian football's first, no less.

You know, I'm afraid that may be the only thing Liverpool may have to boast about right now, at the end of the season, or maybe *gasp in the seasons to come. Looking at the state of the squad and the quality of the signings Rafa's made these months, I have to admit that even for the most optimistic Liverpool fans (not me, probably), a title challenge is a tad too much to ask for of this squad. Great, now we've gotten rid of baggage (Voronin, Riise...) that's not likely to turn our squad into a title-winning, or even challenging one, we go get ourselves more. Notwithstanding Robbie, we've got ourselves a handful of mediocre or at best average players. What do players like Dossena, Degen, Riera and a couple of "promising" young players spell out for the 08/09 season?

FOURTH, if we're fortunate. I mean, we're happy with a draw at Villa Park? And now that Spurs and (LOL) Man City have been spending big on quality players, we've got quite a job holding on to that coveted (read $$$) final Champions' League qualification spot.

It's do or die this season, Senor Benitez.



I cringe at my lack of faith when I read through this post. It's funny, for it is most unlike me to be a cynic, pessimist or skeptic. Is it me, or is it within the rest of the human race to feel more about something that actually matters to you? LFC definitely matters to me, so I might have penned (ok fine, "penned") that entry in disgust, in disappointment over the perceived poor transfers. I usually am blase about most matters, so it is rather contradictory to my nature to express an opinion or emotion over something.

Unless of course, it's something that matters to me and something I keep dear in my heart. So right now I question the things that matter in my life, and my faith (this time, religion) jumps out at me. I am not entirely glad that it is the first thing I think about, for I am unsure about why it pops straight into my mind. Maybe it's because I have been thinking about it the past few weeks. By right I should be glad, (but not overtly, for it really should be at the top of my head anytime) but I find that it may be jumping out at me because it is obligatory and required of me. I wish I could feel more.

Today I was made to ponder over the strength of my faith, for I find that I tend to yield more easily than I should be. I was also intimidated, and overawed (a little), by the rigorous, relentless questioning.

On the other hand, I was encouraged, I was heartened and felt joy too.


But you know, at the end of the day, I'm just glad that He lives within my heart, and that's the only way I know and I can prove, that He loves me, and YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home