Saturday, August 04, 2007

mmm

so, i've been let down by my horrible command of chinese yet again.

i went to get my hair cut yesterday afternoon, at EC house opposite my house.


and it was my turn, and the EC house guy asked my how i wanted my hair to be cut. in chinese...

and he was like "jian1 bao2?"

and i went "ah." nodded my head.

then he asked me."siu1 duan1?"

and i was like. huh?? i know duan1 is short, but wth is siu1??

so i just remained quiet and gave him a puzzled look.

think he was quite appalled at my horrijiber chinese. and he was like "jian2 duan1 la."

and i was still puzzled. er... of course cut shorter right, then what cut longer ah?

but he meant cut SHORT.

i think i was tired la. so i just went ya.

and so my hair goes up a notch on the weird scale now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home