Tuesday, December 25, 2007

got this in my mail this morning

Wherever you're enjoying today's festivities, I hope you have a great time with your friends, family and loved ones. Hopefully we can give you all a belated present tomorrow with three points at Derby County.

This is always a very busy and important period of the Premier League season with lots of games in a short space of time, but I am confident we have the players and the quality within the squad to cope with the challenges which lie ahead and keep our title dreams alive going into the new year.

When I wrote this time last year I said I was sure we had made progress - and the same applies this time around.

In my mind there is no doubt we have a better squad now than twelve months ago, we have more quality all over the pitch and I am convinced we are continuing to take the club in the right direction.

It has been a year which has seen us again qualify for the Champions League through our league position, we've reached another European final and of course we have recently booked our place in the last sixteen of this season's competition.

We have been able to improve the squad by bringing in a number of top class players, all of whom have shown their ability and their desire to play for this great club.

The Premier League is tougher to win than ever before and I think the race could go down to the wire this year. Points are being won and lost every week by the top teams and if that continues then there's no doubt we're in for an exciting second half of the season.

We are closer than we have been over recent years at this stage and that, to me, highlights the improvements we have made. We have a squad of players with great hunger and a determination to succeed and I can promise you that we will all be doing everything we can to give ourselves the best possible chance of enjoying a successful season.

It just remains for me to again wish you a merry christmas, to pass on my appreciation for the fantastic support you have given the club during 2007 and to pass on my thanks for all the christmas cards I have received over the last few weeks from all over the world.

I hope you all have a great 2008.

Regards,

Rafa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home