Thursday, October 30, 2008

You could.

A: Sigh... what should I get for she who has everything?

B: Now now, how can anyone have everything?

A: Well she appears like she has everything, for she wants not and lacks not.

B: How would you know, A?

A: It's just the feeling I get, B, that when someone is so self-sufficient and seemingly complete...

B: You know not what's lacking within her do you? Now how would you know what's within her heart?

A: That's true. But it's a freaking birthday present, B! What do you expect me to give her, love? Yech!

B: Yeah love! No one can ever get enough of love. Well love to me is like a pleasant dessert buffet that doesn't weigh heavy on a bottomless stomach...

A: What on earth, B, you're not making any sense. What are you, in love?

B: In love, yes, oh so in love with the one who's loved me, A. I am in love, for I have been given love!

A: So who's this most visually-challenged girl?! Spit!

B: Nope, not a girl, but someone who loved me so - so much so that He was willing to die for me! He who walks with me and talks with me, along life's narrow way! He who is with me in times of despair!

A: Oh no, it's you and your religious nonsense again...

B: Yes, religious nonsense to you, my life to me. Have you had joy in your heart, A? A joy so complete and so beautiful, and everlasting?

A: Well there was this time I went 10 seasons unbeaten in FIFA... but that was that, 10 seasons. Nope, no, B, I haven't found such joy. Have you?

B: I have A, and you could too. Anyone could. I could never convince you wholly, A, but I want this joy for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home