Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A little less conversation?

I think not, Elvis.

I think the human connection is something very beautiful and cannot be replaced by anything in the world, no matter what advancements technology makes. It's like, the difference between a metallic AIBO dog and a living, breathing dog that responds to treats and hugs. I had a good conversation with Tze Ern today in the evening. It was cool, and I've got to get to know my other classmates better as well. It's not that I don't know them, I just don't know them very well.

It's never been a natural instinct in me to talk or strike up a conversation. I'd always thought that I was an introvert not blessed with the art of conversation. I think I still am, to a certain extent. Approaching someone to engage in conversation is something that does not come naturally to me, and sometimes I do it with a slight sense of trepidation, for fear of running out of things to say to sustain the conversation or being greeted by a none-too-enthusiastic response. Yeah but well, I guess people do have their days when they don't feel like talking. I guess I'm pretty much the same too, some days I feel a little awkward talking, some days I'm kinda hyper and wanting to talk. Funny.

Sigh, it's almost 2am now and I'm not very inspired to blog, for I am tired. But I guess I've got to continue before I forget what I wanna type haha.

It's only occurred to me this year the importance of conversation. I've hardly had any serious, heart-to-heart, soul-baring conversations all my life prior to JC. Which might have been a waste, since I really enjoy such conversations and think they're imperative to any relationship that's founded upon mutual understanding and being on the same wavelength. It's heart-warming to be able to tell someone about your life and hear about theirs. Really! Perhaps I'm coming of age, I'm growing up, so I find that conversations are more important than ever right now. It might have been quite possible that throughout my secondary school life, converse to me was more an American shoe brand than a way to reinforce a relationship.

I just yawned. I'm tired haha. I'd been out 48 hours hehe. And there's Liverpool-PSV at 3am later on. Must... keep... awake...

Yeah so to conclude I think conversation is great and I resolve to make more conversations. Haha. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home