Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Outrigger the trigger?

On Outrigger Island we live God's unshakeable truth,
And we figure out life is so much better when we do.
In this world full of shifting sands,
We'll stand firm in our God's commands,
And live God's unshakeable truth on Outrigger Island!


Well, that excerpt is from the theme song of this year's CEC. Its really quite cool, its a Hawaiian theme. 

Hmm I don't know, but rewind 10 years and have 7-year-old me singing the song - I wouldn't have an idea what I was singing. Maybe I was (perhaps am) a dim kid, but I really wouldn't have actually meant what I sung. I don't have anything against children singing children hymns. Perhaps when you're a child what strikes you the most is pure and raw emotion and I think the joy that the songs exude... that's enough for a child to experience God. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home