Sunday, November 02, 2008

To fall short.

Lately I have been able to draw many things from Liverpool's fortunes. 

Liverpool have slipped up yet again, and I'm afraid I have too. 

Was really really disappointed when Pavlyuchenko stuck the ball into the back of Reina's net, switched off the telly as soon as it happened. Gutted, really. 

(Oh, and anyway 'gutted' is my favourite word when I'm describing my disappointment. I think it's British slang, because I came across it years ago in this soccer magazine Match. The price of the publication would give an idea of how long ago that would be, because Match now costs a good few dollars more.)

Today I wasn't quite in a buoyant (Krkic) mood, due in part to the Liverpool result, but more so due to my sleeping hours. Stayed up till 3plus to catch the match and was totally exhausted, and I winded up waking up at 2-freaking-pm today! Didn't quite feel good for the rest of the day, in fact I am still feeling lethargic and having a heavy head at this moment, 11.06pm. I'm sorry to all I came into contact with today, wasn't quite in the best of moods. 

I have also been feeling (but fortunately not quite expressing) moods unfamiliar to me - anger, jealousy, discontent, confusion, disappointment. It usually doesn't happen to me, but lately I have seen the roots of a breakdown forming in one of my friendships, and it puzzles me. But I remind myself to keep strong in faith, and entrust all my friendships into God's hands. I find it hard to love  certain people who are in my life right now, but I am reminded of how God could have a love so deep and so unconditional for Man so sinful in their ways. 

Sometimes I detest that I am human and bound so much to my sinful nature and so vulnerable to the whims of the world and temptations and traps set by the devil. And as I write this now I think of how people might come to have a different view of my blog and think that I am a true nutter because of my beliefs. And I would be lying to say I'm unaffected by that. But I'm publishing this post because I would like to think that I am not bound to this world and its flawed perceptions. 

It's a real test, this life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home