Monday, December 08, 2008

Good move

"Good Move" is a section of the line of clothing that is Life is Good... you could check it out here if you want to. Unfortunately denizens outside of the United States of America are unable to purchase Life is Good merchandize over ze net... yes I am just as gutted. Well there's always Velocity at Novena Square, but the range is rather limited there.

Well if anyone's feeling that someday you'd want to bring a little joy into my life, I'm eyeing this, any of these, this, any of these, this, or this.

Ah, material comforts in all their temporal glory. Okay, but I think Life is Good is a really cool brand and I quite like browsing through their sight. Pity the shipping is a problem though.

Hmm well came back from my morning run not too long ago, head is a wee bit woozy still... my fitness is horrible haha. Weather was great though, it was somewhat nice running through the drizzle and gusting winds, at least initially, before thoughts of catching pnemonia a day before heading overseas forced their way through the wooziness into my head. It was good though, now I'm dry and eating watermelons and the heat from the laptop is keeping me nice and warm. The swirl and swooshing and buzzing sounds of the washing machine is somehow comforting too. My mum is hanging around town right now waiting for me to join her... doing some last minute shopping before leaving. For me it would be my Christmas shopping because from now till then I'll be away and at camp. It's great that I'm so occupied these holidays, I am such a happening person.

Oh I wanted to write about my run this morning. Well initially I'd wanted to head to the gym and do some statics seeing the rain, but once I stepped outside the coolness of the weather totally willed me into having a nice, cool jog. If you haven't noticed, I'm horribly equipped for the heat that consumes Singapore most of the time. So I thought the pleasant chilly breeze would spur me to run like I knew no fatigue. Well, I tired out.

So I headed towards the nearby Buangkok Green Medical Park (previously known as the Institute of Mental Health, and perhaps more well-known also as Woodbridge Hospital, Ban Qiao) where there was a relatively more charming jogging trail. Well any dedicated jogging trail sure beats running parallel to exhaust-emitting, menacing traffic and cars containing envious passengers staring out at extraordinarily fit joggers.

So I thought that perhaps the lush surroundings and enchanting nature around me would perhaps spur me on to speeds previously unknown... but I trudged on, immensely bothered by the pace at which I was passing by the posts marking out each 200m, and the betrayal of the trees which had promised to be just pleasant shade, for they now showered torrent after torrent of after-shower on me!

The weather... the surroundings... they couldn't quite cajole me to leap and bound. Then I approached the portion of the jogging trail which had past the swaying trees and vast expanse of fields... and now ran parallel to the fenced-in corridors of the medical park... of which the mentally unsound were free to roam.

I was fearful that they would shout and hurl abuse at me, for my impression of most of the mentally unstable was that they were beings of rage, of violence and of bloodlust. I even prepared myself mentally for some raving lunatic to scream and shout at me, and made sure that I wouldn't be too unruffled by such an incident happening, for I was rather afraid of being taken aback and taking a tumble haha. Yes it is most unfortunate that I had thought this way. It is all I have been exposed to, but now I know.

So I saw the first inhabitant of BMP, and I prepared myself for the worst... he was sitting down. He saw me, raised both arms... and said hi. And then he smiled.

My defence mechanisms were immediately thrown out the window, and I smiled back as best I could (now even though some say I can't quite smile), and hollered back a "zao an!"

And I leapt and bounded the next 200m of the round!

The next round, I saw the same man, and he was glad to see me too. This time he left his bench and came right up to the fence. He asked for my name, but after that I didn't quite get what he meant (perhaps why he's in there)... oh and he was Malay too.

Good start to the day, will leave my house for town now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home