Thursday, February 05, 2009

To be guzzled by Gosling's Everton...

Fortunately I did not sacrifice my sleep time for this morning's FA Cup tie at Goodison... had no idea the match was on. So it turned out quite a disaster for the Merseyside team in red - Gerrard hobbling off on 16 mins, Lucas being sent off, and a 118th minute Dan Gosling deflected goal breaking the hearts of Liverpudlians all over the world.

Perhaps the price imposed by footballing fate for Lampard's undeserved sending off?

A price LFC to pay willingly, if it means greater focus on the Premier League title and clinching it in May, for Rafa didn't think it was the 20 million quid spent on Keane (or squandered, or 8 million) that would bring the title back to Anfield.

Perhaps Robbie would have something to say about that come the last day of the season? Afterall, he's been quiet in red all season, both on and off the field.


And tomorrow we Take 5. Truth be told, and as Rolly pointed out some time ago, it's only been a few weeks into term and perhaps we don't quite require a break as of yet. But I like days like this, days that don't require much thought. Think Celine and her team would have done/would do a good job, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm looking forward to spending my last Take 5 (woah hoho) with my classmates too, the 8 of them left. The week's been good and it has gone by quick as with most weeks. I think cycling would be good for my quads, and good for a better standing broad jump distance. I really should be(come) lighter, but the canteen and the potato chips and the tim tams and the remaining CNY goodies say no.


Well it's been a year and a month a few days into RJ, and in that time many things have happened (haha duh). Well obviously there's been the change of name for the school (but I wouldn't quite fancy myself an RI boy thank you very much. Can't imagine what the girls might be thinking...) , but many other things have happened too. Things like maturing, growing up, maturing, growing up, maturing and more growing up. Have grown a mighty lot (but not in height sigh) in the past 13 months, and I'm not quite sure what to do now. Sometimes I want to retard my growth, most times actually, the rest of the time I'm not sure. Just don't quite fancy really living a life on earth. I would have been content just living through my childhood and then burrowing away to play with rabbits, but yeah now that adulthood comes along (wait it doesn't just come along, it rushes towards you and grabs you by the scruff of your neck) I haven't got much choice have I...


Orientation (or O'tiero) is happening in school right now. Today as my amputated class and I steathily assaulted the MPH to bombard Koo Zheng Xuan with 18 sticks of nuggets on 6 sticks of satay sticks I noticed the J1 batch doing their batch dance. It felt rather queer watching them engage in their "dance", and then thoughts of the "self" just went through my head. Okay, "self-indulgence". An idea I'd been thinking about since Kung mentioned homecoming day as being "self-indulgent". It'd felt okay doing the batch dance while I was doing it last year at T'sparanza, but now my hairs almost stood on end watching juniors do it. Perhaps I was jealous at the fun they were having, but I think it was more due to the guilt of having to see myself in them.

There is definitely a self-indugent aspect of cornroll, and I quite hate it actually. Have considered deleting my blog a couple of times. I don't know why I blog actually. It used to be because I was socially inadept and needed people to see my thoughts because they couldn't hear them. To some extent it has been this way and will be this way, because not all my thoughts I will express verbally. I don't usually, actually. And it's not like I'm a very opinionated person anyway, because I don't think about things that don't matter to me.


Recently I've become more aware of my flaws. Maybe God wants to tell me something. I know I have been drifting a little away now that school has started, and from the steady liner I am overboard. But God has been merciful, because he's had on me a lifejacket, and has thrown a life buoy. Now he reels me back in slowly, and I am grateful. I have been made aware of the many flaws I possess and I know that by my strength alone I am nothing in the presence of his holiness. But it is in my weaknesses that I am strong - strong through the might of an all-knowing, fear-inducing God.


Now Liverpool's loss, my D+ in my lit essay, being dull and sucking at Math seem like nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home