Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sock her

(Perhaps not the most civil of titles, but plain old Soccer is a little boring.)

Ah, soccer soccer soccer. Truly the beautiful game (perhaps beach volleyball/women's tennis/water polo fans might have issues with this statement?). Have to say that it is indeed one of the few passions in my life. Has to be rather powerful, this sport, if it is able to draw as much of a response it has from me. I'm a rather fervent Liverpool fan (you might have guessed) and I've been itching to play soccer these days.

Finally got down to a kickabout this afternoon with Jian Ying, Woo Sheng, Tom, Gabriel Ng, Carvin and a few others. Wasn't the most competitive game (especially when we were playing on the 'D' next to the field where the soccer guys were training!) but it was fun enough. My finishing was better than usual today (not saying much haha) and I think I've gotten a little more confident on the ball now. I'd play small 5-a-side games anytime over field soccer, because I sorely lack pace haha.

Been wasting lotsa time this week, studying/revision has been far from hitting top gear heh. The library's DVD collection is awesome by the way - what better way is there to laze an afternoon away than lounging around catching movies. Am well and truly a slacker haha, I need to channel my energies somewhere - and I think I know where!

[edit] lol was cutting my nails and I just realised the nail on my fourth toe of my right foot is badly cracked through the middle horizontally across. Could come off anytime soon... afternoon PE tmr? hehehe cool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home