Friday, October 10, 2008

An attempt at normality.

edit - I tried to blog last Friday, but I didn't finish the post and left it to be edited. Today I came back to it, but I realize I have no mood to blog. So here you go.



It's 10pm, it's not the time of the night when aliens descend furtively upon our planet, not the time the weirdest of thoughts descend upon my mind. 

I am relieved, and I can now revert back to the way blogs should function and that is to blog about the day's happenings. Which kinda makes it boring, but well, I've gotta keep it this way for if I go on a streak of bizarre posts again I might well cause readers (and perhaps myself) to doubt my level of sanity. 

So here goes, a normal post. 


This is one of the 2 pet rabbits I have at home. But it's really more my sister's, because she's the one cleaning the cages, feeding them and playing with them. I just do the loving. Hmm not exactly actually, I haven't quite been talking to them as often these days, because I'd figured weeks ago that rabbits are really quite dim. Cute as they are, cuter than dogs imo, I think people still get dogs because dogs actually respond. But still, rabbits are pretty adorable. It is a fact that is demonstrated by this picture I've inserted. You know when a sentence is really not required. It is cumbersome and excessive. 




Today I went to the hwa chong with henry, koo, sambor, tik and banglah. The weather was hot, crazily hot. 

The first thing that struck me about hwa chong was the cheena gate reminiscent of both my cat high and ai tong school gates. 

The second thing that got to me was this sign on the left, which effectively reinforced our ideas of a link between communism and hwach. The guys were going on about how everything in the canteen might cost the same, how the statue of tan kah khee was very much like a dictator's, how the queues for the free ice cream (later to be dismissed as a poor rumour) might encircle the school and how there might be youth communist movements within hwach. It was all very much fun and laughter and in no way insensitive to the culture of hwach... So I sniggered amidst all these suggestions, trying and failing at the same time to shelve aside the fact that I'd spent 4 of the last 5 years in communist green bermudas. 

The third thing that struck me was how very huge the school compound of Hwa Chong Institution was. By the time we made 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home