Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The brain.

I've got it. 

You see, our brains function on two levels. It's very much like a water filter. 

The first level of our brain is the net function, which serves to catch whatever thoughts that pass across our head from the left ear to the right or from the right ear to the left, depending on which ear you listen with. The second level is the processing function, which serves to well, process the thought and internalize it. 

For example, (and I am not entirely sure myself) I'd like to think that I listen with my left ear. So my left ear captures intellgible sound, translates it into thought, passes through my brain and comes out through the right ear as ear wax. 

And I don't listen very well, so like 3/10 of the sound crystallizes as ear wax upon hitting my left ear, and my brain doesn't function very well on the net level too, so a further 1/2 of the remaining thoughts seep through the porous net function. That's 7/20 of the original sound I actually absorb into the process function of my brain. And my process function is rubbish too, and I believe (rather strongly) that the most it can digest effectively is 1/20. 

So that's 7/10 x 1/2 x 1/20 of an original sound produced that I internalize, which equates to 7/400 of it. Wow, I must say I'm pretty accurate. 


So let's say a sentence of 400 words is translated into weight (come on, it is possible. how do you explain an image becoming digitalized?). I'd say it's about, say 400mg? 

I'm a pretty popular person, so my 2 friends do speak to me quite a bit. So let's say they are five times my age and female (or koo or celine or sambor or kartik or shinyi or jiawei, the more talkative ones in class), the worst case scenario, and that means approximately 50000000000 words get spoken to me a day... 




What the freak I get 393/400 x 50000000g of ear wax in my right ear each day! 


Heh this is the most math I've ever done on my blog. Fun fun. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home