Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CEC Day 1

I AM SO TIRED! I'm at the ready-to-flop-into-bed-and-die-straightaway stage of tiredness haha. Slept the 156 journey home, and miraculously woke up the instant the bus hit the stop at my house - my instinct really kicks ass manzz.

It's reeeeaaaally tiring being around kids the whole day, its even worse trying to entertain them. It's so freaking exhausting! Haha I just yawned. Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoyed myself! Today's probably the most expressive I've been in front of a crowd haha. 

Day 1 got off to quite a bad start actually. The first few kids I met were a group of boys who were extremely naughty, I asked for their names but they refused to tell me haha. Then they tried bullying me, like shoving me around, and all I could do to respond was to smile spastically at them. Truly an idiot haha. Following that was the first morning worship and we were thrown into the deep end because we had to do our dance moves for the kids to follow in front of everyone! Obviously I haven't been very good mastering my moves so I completely screwed up, and it was quite embarrassing because I was later told (very nicely indeed) that I was like 2 seconds behind the rest movement-wise, perhaps thought-wise too haha. Totally forgot everything haha, even trying to peer at my fellow music leaders out of the corner of my eyes (hmm ok maybe it wasn't that discreet hehe) failed miserably. Felt rather down after that because it was really quite bad. 

The day got better though. We manned the music station (we will be for the whole CEC) and we had to then teach the children the moves in smaller groups during allocated timeslots. I led like the fourth timeslot I think, the group of Primary Two's (their classes were called Coral 1, Coral 2 and Coral 3) and it went pretty okay, I managed to connect with and entertain them hahaha. It was wonderful actually, and it built my confidence. 

Prior to that it was quite a disaster, because I was leading with Jacob in an earlier timeslot, and the group was the K1s, the Turtle classes. And I was really quite poor, because I couldn't connect with the young ones at all. As in, I cracked jokes that they didn't quite get, like - 

"Hey if you want to you could take off your shoes so that your flippers are not impeded!"

"So during this session I hope you all would come out of your shells!"

And the last thing I remembered saying was like - "Hey if you cross this line to the stage, you will get pulled out of your shells by the sharks that lurk here!" Quite a gruesome image come to think of it, which kinda explained the disapproving looks on their teachers' faces heh. 

Then to end off the day we had the afternoon worship session for everyone again, and I led with Jacob. Turned out much better, because at least we knew the moves far better and it turned out generally okay I think. Obviously there were some screw-ups here and there, but I believe it will get better as the camp goes on and we familiarise ourselves more. Might have sang a bit too loudly into the mike though haha, personally I quite dislike it when people totally own the sound system, its damn disturbing. Will settle this with PA. 

Oh well, tomorrow I'm leading morning worship, and I've kinda memorised the moves, but I fear everything will go blank after a night of sleep. Haha. Will sleep soon to wake up refreshed! 

Woo I think this is the normalest post I've ever seen on cornroll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home