Monday, August 24, 2009

Faith and...

Well about a year ago I thought of naming my future baby girl Faith. Haha, because obviously I'd like her to have faith in God, which is something that doesn't quite come easy. Man, I wish I'd been called Faith just so to remind myself to have faith haha. Oh and as for the aural aspect of the name, I quite like the -th sound. Though it might be quite a bother to pronounce hah. So I've since been looking around (not quite so consciously, but for want of a better phrase) for a name for Faith's baby brother. And yay, I finally found it like a week ago while flipping through Genesis. And so we have... S-E-T-H! The third child of Adam and Eve, and God's gift to Adam and Eve following the loss of Abel. I think this is a wonderful, romantic notion that Seth represents. Besides coming to mean "the anointed one" in Hebrew, Seth also represents the healing of Eve's pain as a mother losing her son. Besides, Seth sounds pretty cool too heh. Apparently another way in which Seth spelt is Shith, but I reckon I wouldn't be going within a 10-ft pole of that version. So, lucky kids I will come to have, since they will be coming to have such awesome names haha. Obviously this is all subject to changes I have in my head... or disagreements on the part of my future spouse. Ok, setting paternal instincts aside, I've really gotta go sleep now! Mm... Seth. What a great name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home